I ran across this in an old file at the Museum.
I guess it’s pretty much timeless.
Top 10 Good Things about a North Dakota Winter
10. There are no mosquitoes.
9. You’re so busy worrying about your car starting, you don’t have time to worry about anything else.
8. All the sissies leave for Florida.
7. If you carelessly leave meat in your car, it will freeze and stay fresh.
6. It’s not as bad as a Manitoba winter.
5. There’s the thrill of skiing downhill or unexpectantly being out of control as your car slides down an icy road.
4. Bundled up as they are, kids can fall down 3 flights of stairs and not get hurt.
3. There’s ice fishing in a 50 degrees below zero wind chill knowing that someone, somehwere is flabbergasted at how hearty we are.
2. Anything is better than a humid North Dakota summer.
1. Knowing that the rest of the country is looking at us in total amazement saying, “Why in the hell do they stay there?”