Anderson Floral

The first Cooperstown floral shop was opened in November 1966 by Marion and Gilman Olson.  The building was purchased from Ann Thime and had housed grocery stores and butcher shops.  Olsons sold their business to Robert Gowan of Minot in May of 1976.

Joyce and Oliver Anderson purchased the building and business in 1977.  Joyce had been an employee of Olsons during the time they were in business.  Their son Richard, a student at the University of North Dakota, works part-time at the store.  Their daughter Julie graduated with a degree in nursing from the University of North Dakota.

Andersons have a Hallmark and Gift Shop next door to the original flower shop.  They purchased the building in 1976 from Gary Olson.  This building was originally owned by Frank Smith, a barber.  The Soil Conservation Office, Chiropractic Clinic and Griggs County Mutual Insurance were also located in the building at other times.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 208

News & Events