Cooper Super Valu

Larry and Doris Pavlacky bought the Cooper Super Valu in February of 1979 and changed the name to Larry's Super Valu.

Pavlackys bought the Super Valu from Louie and Jan Stetz who had owned it from 1976 to 1979.  Prior to that, Stetz had been a partner in the business with Earl Anderson for eight years.

Cooper Super Valu originated in 1963 after Erick Berdal built and leased that part of the building to Anderson and Bob Bundy.  Bundy remained in business until selling out to Stetz in 1968.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 209

News & Events