Cooperstown Farmer's Elevator Company

The Farmers' Elevator Company of Cooperstown, North Dakota, was incorporated in 1917 and has been the major grain market in Cooperstown ever since.

The firm is one of the larger Gold Label and Peavey feed dealers in the area and with the installation of a 100 horsepower hammer-mill does custom grinding for a thirty-mile radius for cattle and hog feeders.

Bernard Zimprich is the President

Gene Loge, Vice President

William Hazard, Secretary.  Other directors are: David Sola, Donald Retzlaff, Donald Dahl, and Gerald Dahl.  The elevator has been managed by Norman Heisz since 1952 and has been paying a dividend every year.  The elevator has increased its storage capacity from 42,000 bushels in 1917 to 300,000 in 1975.

Other employees are Magnus Haaland and Steve Johnson.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 210

News & Events