Denny's Tool & Bolt

Dennis Olafson, his wife Delores and son Steve moved from Fargo to Cooperstown after purchasing the barber equipment from Frank Smith in February of 1960.  Dennis established his barber business in the Windsor Hotel until October of 1965 when the hotel was destroyed by a fire.  He then purchased the barbershop formerly owned by Bill and Albert Nelson which was sold to Allen Douville in 1970.  Dennis purchased Tang's Recreation in 1970, the building which now houses the Sons of Norway.  He later moved the business into the Hochberger Furniture building at which time he sold the business.

Dennis now has a farm supply sales business called Denny's Tool and Bolt Company.

Two daughters, Sandy and Jodi, were born after they came to Cooperstown.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 212

News & Events