Ellefson Truck's & Excavating

Terry Ellefson established an excavating business on Lenham Avenue in Cooperstown in 1967.  He obtained the original two lots on which the business is located from Edward Larson.  These lots had been owned by Emil Lai-son, grandfather of Terry's wife Beverly.  Through the next several years, he purchased six more lots from three individuals, Raymond Cardin, Lorents Lima and Marie Dahlbom.

In 1968 the business was expanded to include the rebuilding, sales and service of trucks.  A new building was constructed in 1970 to accommodate the truck sales.  In 1972, Ellefson purchased a commercial trailer and began custom hauling of machinery in addition to the other areas of his business.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 213

News & Events