Farmers Oil Company

Farmers Oil Company was organized April 5, 1932 with the following Board of Directors: Harry Kolpin, Alfred 0.  Retzlaff, Bjorn Fuglestad, Nels J. Thune, M.J. Leininger, R.H. Pratt and Theo.  Stone.  Omund Soma replaced M.J. Leininger when he became manager.

Theo.  Stone became manager June 27, 1932.  In 1946, Roy Ashland became manager, and on January 1, 1950 Robert W. Baker assumed this position and currently holds this position.

In recent years a bulk plant at Hannaford, anhydrous ammonia plant at Walum and Cooperstown, and a self service station, car wash, and laundromat have been added.

Present officers are: President Ronald Hegvik, Vice President Allen Hoverson, Secretary-Treasurer Charles Gruman, and Directors Myron Erickson, Raymond Odegaard, Art Beattie, and Art R. Anderson.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 214

News & Events