Grand Forks Federal Savings and Loan

Grand Forks Federal Savings and Loan Association was founded in 1886 in what was then known as Dakota Territory.  It has been in continuous service ever since.  The company received its federal charter in 1955.  Grand Forks Federal is the strongest savings and loan association in the State of North Dakota having reserves above the national average.

The first branch office to be established out of the city of Grand Forks was opened in Cooperstown in December of 1974.  Since then offices in Larimore, McVille and Grafton have been opened.

James Sott and Beverly Ellefson have been employed continuously with the association since the fall of 1974, serving as manager and teller respectively.

Grand Forks Federal purchased the former Cooper Cleaners building and remodeled it for its present use.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 215

News & Events