Pop-A-Top Bar

The Pop-A-Top Bar is owned and operated by Rollie Jewett and Ben Bendickson.  They purchased the beer tavern September 20, 1980 from Benders.

Previous owners of the tavern are: Paul and Linda Bender

Gordy Knutson and Jerome Hagen

Dennis Olafson

Bob Mack.

Before it was occupied by taverns, the building housed other businesses.  Hammer and Condy operated a garage there.  In 1923 they sold the building to P.H. Costello, who owned and operated a drugstore

Tupper Howden bought from Costello and operated Howden Rexall Drug until he moved into the Larson Store building in 1957.  Furniture store businesses were run by Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bjornson, Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Hochberger, Mr. and Mrs. Clair Wright after 1957.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 220

News & Events