John Askelson's Shop

John Askelson came to Cooperstown in 1898 from Iowa, returned to Iowa hut came back in 1900 to stay.

In 1908 he bought a shop where he built boxes for wagons, sleighs, and hay racks, water tanks, and wood rings for well curbing, eveners and poles out of native oak and ash, skis, hand sleds, windows and frames, and he repaired all parts of wagons, sleighs, buggies and anything else made of wood.

He rented it out New Year's Day, 1915 when he moved to a farm.  Later he sold it.

The shop was where Irene Glesner now lives, on the south side of Roberts Avenue, east of Tenth Street.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 182

News & Events