Lawrence Brothers Concrete Store

A general mercantile business with butcher shop was established in the Concrete Store which was built in 1886 at the corner of Ninth and Burrell.  A bank was operated in the store by the Lawrence brothers from 1886 until 1891.  For a short time Clark and Smart operated the bank there.  Hammer, Condy and Peter E. Nelson bought the business of Lawrence Brothers in 1888, buying the building in 1891.  The business continued there until 1904 when Thompson Brothers purchased the business and Thompson-McDermott in 1906.

The Thompson-McDermott Store closed in the thirties.  The building was later occupied by a succession of grocery stores, and at present houses the Cooperstown Hardware Store.

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 193

News & Events