Thompson and Odegaard

The first store on Burrell Avenue was built in January of 1883.  The "Pioneer Store" was built by Knud Thompson and John T. Odegard, a building 24' x 64' located on Block 73, Lot 7.  John Syverson bought into the business in 1884.  Mr. Odegard was a brother of Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Syverson, who were twins.

 

 

 

 

Source: Cooperstown, North Dakota 1882-1982 Centennial Page 205

News & Events