St. George Mision House

The Saint George Mission House was established in Cooperstown in May 1944 by the Redemptorists. The Redemptorists are missionary clergy and with Cooperstown as their headquarters they have preached missions in 14 states in the middle west.  In all places they are introduced as "missionaries from Cooperstown, North Dakota" and in this way Cooperstown has become known in a wide area of the country.

The present community now at the Mission House consists of Rev. Bernard Langton C.SS.R. pastor and superior; Revs. Charles Winter C.SS.R., James Barrett C.SS.R., Raymond Walter C.SS.R., Vincent Langfield C.SS.R., Francis Novak C.SS.R. and Brother Daniel C.SS.R.

Source:  Cooperstown Diamond Jubilee 1882-1957 Page 26

News & Events