Revere

The town of Revere, in Helena Township, was founded in 1910 when the Great Northern Railroad planned the Fargo-Surrey cutoff. The railroad reached Revere on May 18, 1912. The plat was filed July 21, 1910 by Revere-Sutton Realty Company. Revere Post Office was established May b, 1913 with Cromwell W. Broom as postmaster.

The town probably was named for a Mr. Revere, an eastern man who bought considerable property in the vicinity.

Mr. Revere probably was connected with the Revere-Sutton Realty Company, although the register of deeds found no official record of purchase of land under the name of the man Revere.

Source:  Cooperstown Diamond Jubilee 1882-1957 Page 57

News & Events