Hospital Auxiliary

The Griggs County Hospital Auxiliary was organized May 20, 1949, more than one year before the opening of the hospital. First officers were:

President: Mrs. A. C. Loder

Vice President Mrs. Phelps

Secretary: Mrs. Thos. Boe

Treasurer: Mrs. O. Idsvoog

Some of the women of Cooperstown and community felt that they could do much to help in getting the hospital started, so they met to make hospital gowns, slippers, bandages, sponges, and such other things as they were able to make. Since the hospital opened, they do the sewing and mending for the hospital.

Present officers are:

President: Mrs. Theo Monson

Vice President Mrs. H. W. Hildre

Secretary: Mrs. Maynard Langford

Treasurer: Mrs. Konow Knutson

Source:  Cooperstown Diamond Jubilee 1882-1957 Page 36

News & Events